What do you think the homes of the future will be like?
Click on the image below and find out what the people in the BBC would like to teach us:
Electrolux is a well known Swedish brand of household appliances. Several years ago Electrolux launched a competition to encourage young designers to contribute with their vision of innovative products for the home of the future. Initially it was called Electrolux Design Lab.
Last year the competition changed its name to Electrolux Ideas Lab. Let’s look at the winner and finalists of the first edition of this new competition and some of the winners and finalists of past editions of the Design Lab. Each year the competition revolves around a different concept or theme.
Electrolux Design Lab
Electrolux Ideas Lab
If you could choose a winner among the last three years winners and finalists which would that be? Why?
Write down the following information about the device:
Name & Description of what it is , what it looks like and how you use it
Author & Nationality
Now, visit the competition website and try to answer the following questions:
Was there any Spanish design among the finalists in the last five years?
What were the concepts the competition revolved around in the last five years?
What are the requirements to enter the competition this year?
Visit the competition web page and answer the following questions.
- What are the brand values?
- What are the areas your project can focus on?
- How are the projects going to be evaluated?
- What is the deadline for submitting your project?
- What do the award consist on?
- Who is the jury?
- How can the public participate to choose the best ideas?
Imagine your group would like to take part in the competition. Discuss and agree on a gadget you would like to see in the household of the future:
How does the gadget help you?
What does it look like?
How does it work?
How do you call it?
Remember your gadget must reflect the brand values.
Be ready to present your project to the class.
Click on the images below to get to the Competition Website:
1.en.3 The secret life of traffic lightsSeptember 11, 2015In “English”
2.en.05 The eyes are the windows to the soulJanuary 22, 2019In “English”
1.en.01 Playing with wordsSeptember 20, 2017In “English”This entry was posted in English. Bookmark the permalink.← 2.es.25. LOS LOCOS DE CERVANTES. CERVANTES. ENTRE LA UTOPÍA RENACENTISTA Y LA ANTIUTOPÍA. ENTRE EL RENACIMIENTO Y EL BARROCO3.es.26. RO. Toda persona es una máscara. La vida es un teatro →
Leave a Reply
- Recent Posts
- ArchivesArchives Select Month June 2019 May 2019 April 2019 March 2019 February 2019 January 2019 December 2018 November 2018 October 2018 September 2018 June 2018 May 2018 April 2018 March 2018 February 2018 January 2018 December 2017 November 2017 October 2017 September 2017 June 2017 May 2017 April 2017 March 2017 February 2017 January 2017 December 2016 November 2016 October 2016 September 2016 June 2016 May 2016 April 2016 March 2016 February 2016 January 2016 December 2015 November 2015 October 2015 September 2015
- CategoriesCategories Select Category AR Argumentació Argumentación campo semántico Castellano Català categories verbals clasificación colocación comentario de texto literario comentario de textos no lingüísticos Conjuncions CS CTL CTNL Día del libro Definición descripción DF Ds el camp semàntic i la definició El Noucentisme El Olivar English EX familia léxica First Term Formación de palabras jarchas Juan Ramón Jiménez La descripció lèxic léxico lenguaje periodístico Les oracions compostes Les oracions subordinades adjectives Libro de lectura literatura literatura barroca Literatura de la generación del 98 Literatura de postguerra Literatura Edat Mitjana Literatura generación del 27 literatura medieval literatura modernista Literatura novecentista Literatura realista y naturalista literatura renacentista Literatura romántica LL LX métrica morfología morfologia MR MT Narració Narración narrativa medieval NR OR Oralitat Ortografía poesía Poesia Pronoms febles PS Publicidad puntuació raíz oculta Ramon Llull Recursos literarios redacción incorrecta RL RO salidas sefardí Sintaxi Sintaxis Sociolingüística ST Sta. Catalina té a la menta tópico Teatro Teranga textos periodístics The City TIP tipo Tipologia textual TOP Uncategorized
- March 2018MTWTFSS 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 « Feb Apr »
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: C