Have a look at the photos. Can you identify what these places are?
Let’s start by talking about your street & neighbourhood.
- What street do you live in? What is it like? Is it a long or a short street? Narrow or wide?
- What businesses, facilities, buildings, … are there?
- What neighboourhood is it in?
- Is there any place near your home you like specially?
Look at this map of Palma, could you say what neighbourhood you live in?
In this page from Marc Chagall school, you will find a set of exercises that will help you talk about your house, your neighbourhood and your city.
Do the activities and write down new words in your notebook.
Click on the images to go to the interactive books:
My house My town
You can also try the vocabulary exercises below:
In the house In the bedroom
Common Shops & Places in Town Rooms in a House
Reading: A letter from Newquay
Click on the postcard below and read what Alex Howarth wants to tell you about his home town Newquay.
Now, you can try to write a similar letter about your town or neighbourhood.
Design a neighbourhood or a city
With the help of two interactive tool you will be able to design a your own neighbourhood or city.
Just click on one of the two images below and start developing your plan:
When you have completed your plan:
- Save it in your computer or USB and print it.
- Stick it on your notebook and write a short description.
- Add some extra information: town name, location, population, type, …
Now, with the help of the image and your description present it to the class.
Have a look at the flyer about activities to do in Liverpool. Then, click on the image and answer the questions: